Paul L. Orshan, Esq.
Certified in Business Bankruptcy
Paul L. Orshan is the principal of Orshan, P.A. in Miami, Florida. For
more than 25 years, Paul has been serving the South Florida community with bankruptcy and
litigation legal services including Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors,
work-outs and receivership.
Orshan, P.A. also has an office on Duval Street in Key West to serve clients
in Monroe County. His approach to individual bankruptcy is
debt healing. He has first-hand experience with the process, having met financial issues
after divorce. Paul meets directly with his clients, he offers solutions
that may not always mean bankruptcy, and he wants to see clients move
through the process with dignity.
Florida Super Lawyer 2016 and 2017
For both 2016 and 2017, Paul was recognized as one of four top attorneys
in CONSUMER BANKRUPTCY in Miami and the Southern District of Florida by
Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers only selects 5% of the licensed active attorneys
in the state making this a significant accolade.
Check out the digital listing (Page 43)!
Best Lawyers In America-August 2014
Best Lawyers In America selected Paul as a top attorney for Bankruptcy
and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvencey & Reorganization Law.
In addition, here are some of Paul's other awards & recognitions:
Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification since 2005
Top Attorney in Florida Bankruptcy Law from 2012 through 2016
Florida Super Lawyer® from 2006 through 2017
Florida Trend’s Legal Elite List for 2015
Top Lawyer in Corporate Counsel magazine for Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law in 2012
Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of
Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law since 2012
Best Law Firms In Florida by
U.S. News & World Report for 2016
AV Preeminent® Rating from Lexis-Nexis/Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible rating
in legal ability and ethical standards, since 1998
- Named one of the Top Attorneys In Florida Recognition as published in The
Miami Herald, Tampa Bay Magazine & Orlando Life, July 2014.
- Graduate of Tulane University (B.A. 1978)
Graduate of the University of Miami School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1988)
- Member of the Iron Arrow Honor Society
- Member of the Order of the Coif, and Wig and Robe
Member of The Florida Bar in good standing since 1988
- Current Vice-Chair of the Inclusion, Mentoring and Fellowships Committee
of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts of the Southern
and Middle Districts of Florida
Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the 11
th Judicial Circuit
- Member of the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification
- Mr. Orshan has represented debtors, creditors, trustees and creditors'
committees in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. He continues to represent debtors,
creditors and trustees in Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy cases and creditors
in Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
- Receiver in Florida State Court
- Regularly represents Assignees and Assignors in Assignments for the Benefit
of Creditors in Florida State Courts.
- Circuit Civil Mediation Course completed in October 2013
- Satellite office in Key West, Florida